I hate to admit it, but as of August 31st I will be 21. *ew*
Turning 20 is all fun and games but I haven’t necessarily felt like ive changed into an adult, whereas the thought of being 21 is more of a ” well great now I’m an adult” kinda vibe.
Anyway, I thought i would make a list of all the things i have accomplished before turning 21 and then i can look back and feel proud.
- I successfully learnt to drive and haven’t crashed yay!
- Finished school GCSE’s and A-Levels which I passed all of
- Completed TWO apprenticeships
- Travelled around South Africa for five weeks on my own
- Went to my first festival (and now have been every year!)
- Drove in a foreign country (this is important to me, driving stresses the f out of me, plus the car basically broke down every 200 yards)
- Learnt how to cook-now I’m no Jamie oliver but its key to surviving on your own
- Gained qualifications in business admin and customer service
- Thrown a party (this is technically happening on my 21st but hey ho)
- Learnt how to play the ukulele (I’m almost there..)
- Jumped out of a plane 9000ft high over South Africa
- Been to a rugby and football match
- Coached sport to kids from South African schools
- Completed a book! ( I used to be the worst at starting books and not finishing, but now ive completed 8 books!
- Met someone famous-Dan Reynolds from Imagine Dragons
- Finished a game! ( Same as books I could never finish a xbox game and now i can’t stop until i have!)
- Been in the newspaper
- Have been the fittest and healthiest I have been my entire life (100KG on leg press was tough but i did it !!!)
- Volunteered at a festival
- Saved up enough for a deposit for a flat
- And finally, I started this blog, and I’m so happy i did!!
Looking back I don’t think I’m doing too bad for your average 20-year-old. I wonder what else will be on the list by the time i’m 25…