My job is not your normal office job. Ever watched Parks and Recreation? Yeaah I’m basically the Leslie Nope of Tewkesbury.
Getting out on site does make my day go a lot quicker and I enjoy where I work a lot, but after all the inspections and site visits some time in the office is necessary. Here are some of the things I’ve noticed that just comes with working in an office..
- You’re either in the category of people who are always too hot or too cold!
I’m quite small so I’m always cold! In Summer everyone turns on their fan and it’s too cold for me so I wrap up in thick cardigans!
- There is a constant flow of cakes and chocolate in the office especially at christmas. I think I spend my entire time in a constant battle between having a healthy lunch and dinner to then snacking like mad at work. I mean I’m not complaining cause free food and all that but you get me!
- You suddenly gain this certain pleasant tone when talking to customers no matter how rude they are. I’m generally quite sassy bu the minute the phone rings its like I’ve transformed into a guardian angel haha.
- Stationary obsession. You suddenly become a stationary hoarder. I am constantly having pens taken from the pot so in order to avoid that situation you can guarantee that you will find 40+ pens in my draw “in case of emergency” of course…
- Fridays become the longest day ever. Every Friday I have the conversation of “todays dragging a bit”
Can you guys think of any more things that are completely relatable?