Adventures Uncategorized

Tewkesbury’s Medieval Festival…

August 5, 2018

Is your hometown filled with history? Mine certainly is, and to celebrate that, every year people from all over the world come together to host a medieval festival!

I live in a small town called Tewkesbury, which is based in Gloucestershire. My town was one of the key locations for a crucial war that took place back in the 14 hundreds. I say this information loosely, as despite the fact this festival is on every year, and there are historical signs every year with memorabilia, I haven’t paid too much attention to the details. ( Dissapointing I know, but i’m not super interested)

Anyway, the weekend of the festival, is always a good one with interesting stalls to look at how they cooked in medieval times, with beautiful sterling silver jewellery stands. (seriously you can always guarantee a beaut ring from this place) and some proper good cidre oooh arghhh…!

It’s just a fab family event and they also host a battle re-enactment on the actual site it took place thousands of years ago while also hosting a parade! I have so much respect for all the people that help make this event what it is, ensuring every small detail is in place, including how they are camping, cooking, washing and dressing. The scenes are beautiful, here are some photos of the day…

IMG_8611DSC_0146DSC_0140DSC_0141IMG_8547DSC_0138DSC_0131DSC_0132IMG_8596DSC_0142DSC_0137IMG_2468DSC_0145DSC_0136

Why am I always that friend which takes too many photos eh?! But yeah, thats my little hometown, hosting Europes largest medieval re-enactment battle, cool huh?! Even if you don’t follow history that much its super interesting,

What did you get up to on the weekend?

Lots of love,

Sophiemagsx

v

crescentmoonramblings
    August 6, 2018 at 5:18 pm

I’m so glad you are the friend who takes a thousand photos, they tell such a magnificent story. There is a medieval festival held near where I live each year on an island. I haven’t been but your photos inspire me to go.

hopelesswonderer
      August 6, 2018 at 5:43 pm

haha thank you that’s such a nice comment to have!! defiantly worth it even if you don’t know the history it’s really interesting!

Hunida
    August 7, 2018 at 1:58 am

Looks like so much fun!!

crystalsandcurls
    August 8, 2018 at 6:34 am

What a cute little festival! I have to admit, I’m not a massive history buff either – but this just looks like fun! xx

justthebeginningx
    August 10, 2018 at 5:47 am

It looks so interesting! Even the little stalls would make it worth a trip, but I’ll admit I’d be slightly interested in the re-enactment as I’ve never seen anything like that!

Tori | JustTheBeginning-x.com
    Latest blog post – Meet Rocky! (My new hamster 🐹 💕)

hopelesswonderer
      August 10, 2018 at 7:28 am

yeah its definitely worth watching, its a completely different world, thanks for commenting!x

Amelia in Hull
    August 14, 2018 at 3:43 pm

Awwww it seems like a wonderful festival it’s great you’ve had something like this go on so locally 😊 xx

Sophiemagsblog
    July 14, 2019 at 11:43 am

Reblogged this on Sophiemagsblog and commented:

It’s that time of year again here in Tewkesbury, where the Medieval Festival is welcomed back! Heres last years post if you’ve ever wondered what goes on in Europes largest battle reenactment! 🙂

Let me know what you thought of this post!

Instagram

Instagram has returned invalid data.

%d bloggers like this: