Gigs Self expression Uncategorized

The struggle of buying concert tickets.

September 2, 2018

Have you ever had to experience the stress of buying tickets for a gig or concert?

Then you will know the stress and effort put into getting hold of some. by far one of the most stressful events in my life.

As you probably know by now, I love a good live music set. Gigs and festivals take over my life, and most definitely my savings account. There is no better feeling in the world than thousands of people celebrating the band you have all come to see.

But unfortunately seeing live music entails the stress and problems of buying the tickets in the first place. Well I have a few things to say…

First up, the websites ALWAYS freeze. I have used Ticketmaster, See Tickets, Ticket Factory, all of them, and you can guarantee that as soon as the time hits for the tickets to go on sale, it will freeze, or as soon as you get to the end page it crashes. CBA I have a lot of patience but NOT with buying tickets.

Then there’s the price. The problem with selling tickets is that you never actually know how much they are until you get to the selling page. You can imagine the surprise when I expect Arctic Monkeys to be £45.00 a ticket and end up being £70.00, but for me it was a case of I have already committed to using the shitty website and keeping it working so  might aswell continue the journey and end up bankrupt too.

Dedication.

Finally, the exploitation. This is a problem with not so much the ticket seller but the people who buy tickets to sell them on for a higher price. Quite alot of the bands i see only cost about £30/ £40, but will still sell out. But i dont know how many occassions there have been where people have bought on tickets just to sell for £100 which is ridiculous. That is exploiting music fans across the world to pay more than neccessary. It makes me so angry, but if you limit how many a person can buy it limits how many the real fans can actually buy so it is a struggle.

But anyway, thats todays little rant over, this was the journey i had to take to purchase Twenty One Pilot tickets, any of it relatable?

Lots of love,

Sophiemagsx

n

Little Mayfly
    September 2, 2018 at 8:39 pm

I can relate to this!

questionsfromateenager
    September 2, 2018 at 9:14 pm

Oh my god, this is some relatable content right here. I dread buying concert and festival tickets because of literally EVERYTHING you described. It’s all worth it in the end though, I mean I would sell my soul to satan to get tickets to one of my favourite bands/artists, sooo… that’s dedication right there. And have fun at the Twenty One Pilots gig, definitely let us know how it was! x

hopelesswonderer
      September 3, 2018 at 11:02 am

it’s the worst 😆 but yea like you said worth every penny, thank you for a lovely comment!x

priya
    September 3, 2018 at 12:04 am

This post gives me flashbacks of literally every concert I try and get tickets to! Especially with scalpers buying tickets just to resell them and the rest of us missing out! I just got festival tickets this morning but it was so stressful and they sold out in twenty seconds!! x

hopelesswonderer
      September 3, 2018 at 11:01 am

haha aw no! which festival did you buy tickets for?

priya
        September 3, 2018 at 11:14 am

Falls Festival!! It’s a four day NYE festival in Australia, and it always sells out ridiculously fast! x

hopelesswonderer
          September 3, 2018 at 3:05 pm

aw I hope you have the best time, I haven’t heard of that one!

Chloe Luna
    September 3, 2018 at 11:14 am

I feel like there’s no way to truly conquer this issue because there’s always going to be people with bad intentions out there, but I feel you girl! Buying concert tickets gives me so much anxiety and makes my brain literally feel like HNSHDSAHSDSHD because there’s so much to think about, luckily I’ve always gotten tickets for everything I wanted but it makes me so angry when people buy tickets in bulk and sell them for x10 the price meaning that true fans either can’t go or have to pay an extortionate amount for no reason!

hopelesswonderer
      September 3, 2018 at 3:06 pm

the best representation of my brain trying to buy tickets, yeah and its so frustrating when you hear about other people who paid way too much when you only paid a small amount, if only it was easier to stop!

chloeburford
    September 9, 2018 at 4:35 pm

I can so relate to this, It is crazy how stressful and expensive buying concert tickets can be!! Fab post lovely xx

Michael J. Miller
    September 22, 2018 at 2:31 pm

Yep, this is all too familiar! I was at an inservice meeting once where I told the presenter, “Hey, listen, Bruce Springsteen tickets go on sale at 10:00 this morning. I want to be honest and let you know, I’m going to stop paying attention to you at about ten minutes to 10:00 until I get the tickets.” The whole thing took almost forty minutes with crashes and waiting and loading. It’s so nerve-wracking! I ended up getting the tickets. My girlfriend had never seen him before and on the tour he played the entire ‘The River’ album front to back and then another hour+ of songs. He played almost a four hour show and it was totally worth it :). I’m sure Twenty One Pilots will be worth your stress too. My brother and I saw them on their Blurryface tour and they were amazing/

But you’re right – the buying to resell, jacking up the prices, all the stress of the site struggles – it’s an exhausting process.

Ensemble | Daily Inkling – Normal Happenings
    October 19, 2018 at 7:46 pm

[…] Hopeless Wonderer […]

Concert Lane
    November 14, 2018 at 8:40 am

I usually buy concert and festival tickets. I love going to concerts!! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Let me know what you thought of this post!

Instagram

Instagram has returned invalid data.

%d bloggers like this: